lunes, 25 de junio de 2018

SEPARABLE AND NON-SEPARABLE PHRASAL VERBS


FORM
  • With separable phrasal verbs, you can put a noun between  the verb and the particle. With non-separable phrasal verbs, you can´t.

with separable phrasal verbs, we always separate the verb in the particle when the object is a pronoun.

  • Con separable phrasal verbs, puedes poner un sustantivo entre el verbo y la partícula. Con verbos compuestos no separables, no puedes.

Con separable phrasal verbs, siempre separamos el verbo en la partícula cuando el objeto es un pronombre.





EXAMPLE
separable phrasal verbs
Verb + paritcle + noun
Verb + noun/pronoun + particle
I don´t have to write down the information.
I don´t have to writen the information down.
I don´t have to write it down.
I don´t have to write down it. (X)
Non-separable phrasal verbs
Verb + particle (+ preposition) + noun/pronoun
I didn´t get along with my colleagues.

Video de complemento

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario